Position: Product Owner
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: 6-Months Contract to Perm
Green Card and US Citizens only
Summary The Product Owner develops and adapts the product vision to align with corporate strategy. Plans and leads all releases through the development of fully defined user stories and prioritized backlog. Collaborates with Product Management and IT partners to create business, functional and/or technical requirements for both mobile and web solutions. Define product feature scope and objectives based on business needs, user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems. Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help maximize the business value from IT system investments. Functions
• Create user stories and works with key stakeholders to define acceptance criteria.
• Collaborates with development to ensure user stories are properly sized.
• Lead sprint planning to ensure the requirements are tracked and delivered on time and within scope.
• Make crucial prioritization and scoping decisions on product features and initiatives.
• Maintains acceptance criteria and proper sizing of all user stories through continuous prioritization and grooming of product backlog.
• Drive product development with our engineers, designers and business analysts.
• Defines quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
• Manages changing requirements by communicating with project sponsor and project team members on impact of change and alerts project managers and project teams of potential risks and issues of importance.
• Collaborates with technical and product teams to ensure that the results of the project fully satisfy the needs embodied in the requirements.
• Anticipates and identifies customer needs and matches products and services to facilitate the fulfillment of those needs.
• Identifies and initiates opportunities to support business activities.
• Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement
• Understands application development methodologies and applies knowledge to business interactions (i.e. agile, waterfall, etc.).
• May serve one or more project team roles, such as business analyst lead, or technical lead, for small to medium efforts.
• Provides services to multiple concurrent project, project teams or management.
• Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability
• Create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems
• BS degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience required.
• 5 plus years IT business analysis experience required.
• Diagraming experience including contextual, conceptual, state, activity, workflow and others.
• Experienced with mobile solutions development for both iOS and Android preferred
• Experience working with off-shore development preferred.
• Experience leading requirements development efforts preferred.
• Experience working with UX/UI designers preferred.
• Jira or confluence experience a plus
• Experience in health & wellness industries preferred, but not required. Retail or Financial industry are as desired as healthcare.
• Strong Agile/SCRUM background.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Visio, and MS Project.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in a technical and non-technical forum, as well as listening and interpersonal skills.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
• Ability to communication ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Competent knowledge of information technology concepts, application development methodology, terminology, and standards.
• Highly collaborative and able to interpret and translate technical and/or complex concepts into information meaningful to project team members and/or business personnel.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Demonstrated negotiation, presentation, and facilitation skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• High degree of analytical ability to analyze project objectives, develop technical requirements, analyze severity of problems and the need to escalate to management or employ external services