Position: Enterprise Security Architect
Location: Chattanooga, TN 37402 (position is 100% remote)
Duration: 6+ Months
This position is responsible for enabling the alignment of IT security investments with the various business strategies.
The SA will provide overall direction, guidance, and definition of the enterprise’s architecture to support the corporate business strategies.
This position participates as a top-level expert leading multiple consulting efforts, or a single large effort in IT security investment analysis, design, scope, and approach.
The position will also assist in ongoing security architecture management functions such reviews, governance, and architecture reporting.
The qualified candidate must have matrix leadership experience, experience in multi-year IT security investment planning and funding analysis, experience translating business needs into IT security investments, and have lead technical security architecture development.
5+ years of experience in addressing Cybersecurity concerns and solutioning Strong understanding of attack vectors for web applications and methods for defending against them
3+ years of design and development experience in Java applications
1+ years of scripting experience on Linux systems Solid understanding of SaaS (Software as a Service) technologies and architectures Working experience with integration/implementation of security solutions Working Experience with Privilege Access Management and Authentication Working Experience with Ping Directory, Ping Access, Ping Federate, and/or MS Active Directory Excellent English-language communication skills, both written and oral Excellent problem solving-skills
• Bachelors Degree in Business or Technology, or equivalent experience. Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
• 6+ years’ experience in the above activities required
• At least 5 years as an individual contributor leading a team in the design and implementation of one or more of the following: application and integration, data, technology and/or security architecture required Job Competencies
• Technology - Competent at: Modeling, Tradeoff Analysis, Roadmaps, Security Architecture Documents
• Consulting - Build ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with developers, operations, and business stakeholders
• Strategy - Understand customer and market trends, identify security relevant requirements, translate business strategy to technical security vision and strategy)
• Organizational Politics - Communicate, listen, network, influence, sell the vision, relate vision to stakeholders
• Leadership - Build teams, motivate, set team vision, make decisions stick
• Build and lead matrix, cross-functional teams
• Collaboratively create current state security capabilities and architecture analysis.
• Collaboratively lead the creation of target security architectures
• Collaboratively lead the definition IS security investment strategies, roadmaps, and the enabling standards (including SWOT analysis)
• Collaboratively lead the definition of “Order of Magnitude” implementation and ongoing support costs for various security investment options
• Collaboratively lead the production of security architecture tradeoff analysis
• Establish and maintain a trusted advisor and partnership relationship to business users and technical implementers
• Mentor technical leads and domain architects and provide feedback as requested
• Communicate (sell/present) security architecture vision within various projects
• Manage alignment of IT security investments with the various business strategies
• Monitor implementation to manage new / change security architecture impacts and provide assistance where needed
• Manage conflict relating to technical scope, approach, and platform usage
• Manage common security architecture impacts across multiple projects and/or investments
• Provide leadership in defining the security architecture and business impacts of funding approach, staffing models, and optimization around department and enterprise security concerns
• Represent the strategies and assist in architecting at least three of the following areas of security architecture: application and integration, business, data, technology.