Position: Senior QA Tester - #3407
Location: Austin, TX (On-Site with some work from home based on performance)
Duration: 1 year
Green Card and US Citizens only
-5-8 years of minimum experience (lead experience ideal but not required)
-Microservices, SOAP UI testing experience, and Health care background are preferred.
-Manager needs someone who is a analytical thinker and not just a technical tester.
-Needs someone who understands business flow, how to work with testers and will be able to understand how/what consumer testing is required.
• IT Testing Specialists creates test deliverables (for example, strategies, plans and test cases) and performs hands-on testing for internally developed or external purchased products.
• Types of testing may include system, integration, regression and end-to-end testing.
• IT Testing Specialists deploy or execute job streams for creating test beds as appropriate, design test scenarios, author test scripts, execute tests and track defects to certify that applications meet the approved system requirements.
• IT Testing Specialists collaborate with other IT staff as appropriate, to review and understand system requirements and design, review test strategy and design, identify resolution for defects identified during testing, and also to analyze and make specific recommendations on usability/functionality improvements that can be integrated into business processes.
• Creates a test approach, identifying scope of testing with risk based approach for each feature or scope of work in a project effort identifying test environments, dependencies, constraints, prioritizing test cases and scheduling time for the testing.
• Responsible for ensuring end to end testing methodology including all appropriate documentation and requirements.
• Identifies tests that are good candidates for automation. Identifies approaches for risk based testing for each feature or scope of work in a project effort and prioritizes test execution in order to test high risk/high impact scenarios first.· Sets up software and hardware in the test lab, per specs.
• Ensures test results are accurate, thorough and appropriately documented.
• Communicates results and coordinates logistics to the Systems Analysts, Developers.