|Type:||Contract to Hire|
Position: GIS Analyst
Client: State of SC (Health & Environmental Control Department)
Location: Columbia, SC 29201
Duration: 12+ Months
Green Card and US Citizens only
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS URGENT POSITION and a State of Emergency Request due to the COVID-19 crisis AND RESUMERS WILL NOT BE HELD FOR 7 DAYS, AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE SENT IMMEDIATELY TO HIRING MANAGER.
Due to State of Emergency the selected individual(s) can work remote, but once the state of emergency is lifted the expectation is 100% onsite
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
Due to the volume of GIS activities being performed to support the agency’s response to COVID19, additional staff is needed to assist current staff with backend support of the agency GIS environment and support scripts and GIS rest services. The team will ensure systems are following industry best practices to ensure strategic initiatives and compliance with federal and state regulatory laws and ensure business continuity.
This position will be a part of the team responsible for supporting the agency emergency response activities utilizing GIS solutions and day-to-day operations.
Candidates should be self-motivated, team-oriented, work under limited supervision, and respond to priority tasks as needed.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Emphases for the GIS candidate will be to work in the ESRI software platform and other tools to support agency GIS backend interoperability, rest services, Web API service, and online web mapping solutions. This will include providing support, analysis, testing, problem resolution, reporting, and monitoring of GIS environment and services. The candidate will work in a team environment with other GIS and Information Technology staff and Program Area to provide support of GIS solutions and users.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Performs complex analysis, design, testing, documentation, and implementation of GIS applications and upgrades.
• Develop and maintain Python scripts supporting GIS interoperability capabilities.
• Ability to manipulate spatial data, imagery, LiDAR, and other common GIS formats.
• Develop and maintain spatial queries.
• Assist with supporting ArcSDE spatial data layers.
• Perform spatial analysis utilizing Spatial Analyst, Insights, 3D Analyst, Network, and Business Analyst.
• Create complex cartographic products.
• Develop and maintain GIS rest services.
• Support applications in ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Portal.
• Work with Information Technology staff to learn system technical functionality and IT Security Standards and practices.
• Provide system user support.
• Assist staff in resolving system-related problems.
• Assist with System user account permissions and security.
• Create and maintain supporting system and training documentation.
• Monitor and Identify system data quality issues and work to improve data accuracy.
• Coordinate and assist with system testing and production validation.
• Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
• Assist with development of policies and procedures to conform and comply with agency standard cyber security policy design related to information risk management, designation of data as to criticality, confidentiality, and protection. (NIST 800-53, FISMA, SC InfoSec Requirements http://admin.sc.gov/technology/information-security/policies-and-procedures, etc.).
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. ArcGIS, ArcGIS Portal and ArcGIS online.
3. Python, Arcade.
4. SQL Server.
5. Web services (Rest, SOAP, WSDL).
6. ESRI ArcSDE.
8. GIS mapping.
9. Knowledge of Information Technology Field, best practices, organization, and operations.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS.
2. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Experience using an administering Microsoft’s Internet Information Services (IIS).
4. Experience with ArcGIS Pro preferred.
5. ArcGIS Notebooks.
6. TICKETING SYSTEM.
7. EXPERIENCE WITH INDUSTRY STANDARD INFORMATION SECURITY PRACTICES
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.
Apply to Job