|Title:||Java Developer - #4395|
Position: Java Developer - #4395
Client: BlueCross BlueShield of Flordia
Location: Jacksonville, FL 32246
Duration: 12+ Months
Green Card and US Citizens only
Manager is looking for Sr. Core Java Developer with experience with Middleware technologies, specifically MQ.
Open to remote support during COVID-19 restrictions but ensure candidates know they will be expected to be on-site once restrictions have been lifted
Candidates requiring sponsorship, now or in the future, are not eligible at this time
JAVA Developers are responsible for the development, programming, and coding of Information Technology solutions. They will engage in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include: gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications and will participate in evaluating, conducting performance testing, and all planned and unplanned maintenance for both internally developed applications and purchased products. They participate in design meetings and consult with clients to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
• Experience with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
• Proficiency using versioning tools: GIT, GNU, RCS, SCCS, CVS, SVN, Mercurial, Monotone, etc.
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Flexible team player
• Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
• Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
• Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
o Experience with HTML and Frameworks such as; React.Js, Node.JS, and EXPRESS
o Experience with SOAP, REST web service development
• Experience with Openshift platform
o Experience in Middleware technologies like MQ, JMS, IBM WebSphere, XML
o May include database knowledge in; SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc
• Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
• Proficiency using debugging tools; Advanced Debugger, Allinea DDT, AQtime,, ARM, CA/EZTEST, etc
• High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
• Manipulate data from various sources / formats such as: flat files, relational databases, non-relational databases, XML, JSON, etc.
The preferred qualifications listed below reflect desired knowledge, skill, and/or experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Various Domain experience; Health Care, Financial, etc.
• Experience using Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid methodology
• Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
5-8 years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education as a Java Developer
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or relevant work experience
Relevant Development certifications
Apply to Job