|Title:||SQL Server DBA - #7156|
|Type:||Contract to Hire|
Position: SQL Server DBA - #7156
Client: BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
Location: Nashville(Brentwood, TN 37203)
Duration: 6-Months Contract to Perm
Green Card and US Citizens only
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience is required.
• 3-5+ years of experience with a strong history in all areas of Microsoft SQL Server
• Comprehensive T-SQL Skills
• Experience with all aspects of administering SQL Server Enterprise 2012/2014/2016
• Experience with High-Availability environments – installing, maintaining and migrating.
• Experience with various software deployment methodologies.
• Experience with various non-Microsoft databases and non-relational data stores a plus, but not required.
• Experience in SOC2/HITRUST system environment.
• Experience working both independently and within a collaborative setting.
• Solid understanding of RDBMS principles and practices in a complex client/server, distributed computing environment
• Experience with configuring, implementing and supporting high availability solutions with SQL Server including SQL Clustering/ Replication/Log Shipping.
• Knowledge related to computer hardware (servers, networks, SAN, RAID devices, I/O subsystems).
• Knowledge and experience with of Windows Server 2016
• Experience or Exposure to cloud database technology (Azure or AWS).
• Working knowledge of C#
• Working knowledge of PowerShell
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• Microsoft Database Certifications a plus
Performs all aspects of database administration as well as development, maintenance, testing, and documentation for the development, integration, enhancement, and maintenance of SQL Server database systems collaborating with developers to do the same in a team setting.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide 24X7 support and maintenance for several Microsoft SQL Server databases running on a number of instances.
• Responsibility for ensuring that daily and nightly SQL Server jobs run accurately and to completion
• Monitors transaction activity, system utilization or load levels. Prepares and or reviews status, progress and performance reports
• Responsible for overall administration and health of database systems, performance tuning, backup/recovery
• Perform SQL database installs and upgrades as needed.
• Perform general database related troubleshooting for development teams
• Follow the full lifecycle development process working with project management, development and technical operations.
• Share responsibility for data integrity with the applications development staff.
• Maintain effective working relationships with internal customers and external contacts.
• Provide continuous feedback via reporting and analysis to management and recommend solutions to improve systems and business process effectiveness.
• Develops, maintains and optimizes new as well as existing stored procedures, views and functions
Apply to Job