|Title:||IT Project Manager - #3321|
Position: IT Project Manager
Client: BCBSFL (Florida Blue)
Location: Jacksonville, FL 32246
Duration: 12+ months
Essential Functions: The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned. This position will initially focus on Data Warehouse/Data Platform projects associated with the Sales IT technology platforms.
• Manage projects with internal and external dependencies, moderate scope, risk of moderate severity & impact, integration within functional capabilities, moderate cost and typically longer duration within more than one team of resources.
• Identify & resolve discrepancies in planned costs versus actual cost and overall financial management for assigned projects.
• Responsible for developing and reviewing/validating multiple project plans and approving plans.
• May mentor Jr. IT Project Managers.
• Understands the need for Business Case/ROI and ensures its completion.
• Participates in change initiatives including tasks and initiatives outside of specific job duties such as BRM workgroups.
• Responsible for developing and reviewing detailed project plans and tracking financial information.
• Communicate project status to project team, stakeholders’ leadership and Program Managers associated with other projects.
• Advise project team, customers, and staff on tactical solutions to dealing with barriers within a project.
• Accountable for active facilitation of project issue resolution, change, risk and dependency management.
• Accountable for project delivery including meeting time, budget and quality standards and customer expectations.
• Leads project meetings.
Required work experience:
5+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education in IT project management.
• Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
• Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback.
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Advanced proficiency in the use of labor, cost management and project tracking and management tools such as MS Project.
• Advanced proficiency of SDLC disciplines and Agile methodology disciplines.
• Thorough understanding of the concepts, theories and processes of the Project Management Methodology (PMM).
• Thorough understanding of business processes, functions and architectures.
• High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
• Broad knowledge of IT functions.
• Ability to Lead/Facilitate Core team or Steering meetings to obtain schedule, issues, risk , and dependency updates.
• Ability to document meeting minutes, action items from project status meetings.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
• Agile Scrum Master experience
• Experience using Agile methodology
• Yellow belt on Lean Six Sigma principles
Required Management experience: No supervisory/management experience required
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work; preferably in an IT related field.
Required Certifications: PMP - Project Mgmt Professional
Apply to Job