|Title:||Sr. IT Scrum Master|
Position: Sr. IT Scrum Master
Client: BCBSFL (Florida Blue)
Location: *REMOTE* Jacksonville, FL 32246 (candidate must sit on-site for 1-2 weeks initially)
Duration: 8+ months
Sr. IT Scrum Masters are responsible for leading medium to large project teams with broad scope and complexity and facilitating the Agile approach within these teams.
Additionally, they may be required to lead multiple teams and/or cross-functional and associated meetings, sprints, and demos.
The day-to-day responsibilities include developing and maintaining Agile training, providing guidance for entry-level project team members, ensuring that processes are aligned with the goals of the business, and measuring processes against the corporate quality goals.
Sr. IT Scrum Masters work with a large number of colleagues, including developers, testers, analysts, business product owners, production employees, project managers, supply chain personnel, and logistics employees. They usually report to an IT Leader or Manager and in this position typically work full time in an office environment, although overtime may be required depending on the needs of the employer.
Sr. IT Scrum masters must demonstrate advanced knowledge of Agile processes, concepts, and principles. They must have excellent interpersonal, multitasking, and analytical skills, and must also be able to easily read and understand production specifications. Additionally, they must be able to work well independently or in a team environment. They must provide coaching and leadership to their SCRUM project team, practice servant leadership, and possess keen problem solving skills to be able to remove impediments or barriers and resolve issues. Strong conflict resolution skills are required.
• Build and coach high performing Agile teams
• Look for ways to strengthen team’s understanding of Agile / Scrum concepts and principles
• Ensure teams actions are aligned with the project goals / vision
• Ensure Scrum practices are used and improved within and across teams
• Bring transparency to Business and IT organization about development and grow trust
• Skilled in building relationships and navigating through organizations
• Maintain project data in the Rally tool ensuring updates are both accurate and timely
• Identify trade-offs between short and long term benefits to drive shared vision between the team and product owner
• Lead by example: Do not shy away of any tasks that could help the team. Lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
• Foster a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt
• Lead a team in design, implementation, testing and validation of programming code and products.
• Document and communicate expectations, resolutions and product information.
• Set schedules, facilitate discussions and resolve problems.
• Guide and shape team-oriented behaviors and interactions.
Required work experience: 4 to 6+ years related work experience
Required certifications: CSM certification required
• Knowledgeable about various Agile methodologies and experienced in coaching Scrum teams
• Experience working in Agile software development settings and teams
Required Management experience: No supervisory/management experience required
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work; preferably in an IT related field.
Additional Required Qualifications:
• Proficiency in Agile methodology disciplines
• Advanced understanding of SDLC disciplines
• Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
• Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback.
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Broad knowledge of IT functions.
• High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
• Ability to lead and facilitate scrum team stand ups, retrospectives
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
Apply to Job