|Title:||Technical Product Owner|
Position: Technical Product Owner, Digital Innovation Team
Location: Columbus, GA
Green Card and US Citizens only!
At TSYS, we’re building the future of payments. As a member of the Commercial Engineering team, you’ll be part of a team passionate about technology and using it to modernize payments, Commercial solutions and the overall banking experience. We build a wide variety of solutions from automated infrastructure and cloud-based systems, to machine learning and user experiences for web, mobile and IoT. We’re looking for people who want to join our team of designers, engineers and enthusiasts and be a part of what’s happening.
Example products that you’ll be working on as a part of the TSYS Commercial Engineering team...
• Create open API’s and content for TSYS Developers (developers.tsys.com), our client hub for open technology (API’s, SDK’s and much more) developed by TSYS.
• Mobile and mobile web cardholder experiences that leverage open technologies like react.js and react native, node, swift2, java, springboot and others.
• Modernize and enhance .Net Corporate Expense Reporting applications.
As a Commercial Engineering Technical Product Owner, you are the representative and primary point of contact for a specific innovation initiative with our customers, partners and internal teams. You’ll quickly build expertise with a specific product and define plans to innovate and evolve its functionality. Success requires an entrepreneurial spirit, great communication, and a balanced background in both business analysis and delivery of large-scale technology platforms. Our product owners come from a variety of backgrounds, including financial services, software engineering, business analysis and the startup community, among others. However, we’ve learned that attitude and the ability to define and execute a vision are far more important than a candidate’s background. Some things you’ll do regularly include:
• Build strong working relationship with customers and internal teams
• Lead stakeholder meetings to identify opportunities and product priorities
• Create and maintain the product backlog for specific innovation initiatives
• Conduct planning sessions with the teams to prioritize work in upcoming sprints
• Engage directly and daily with delivery teams to create technical designs, develop, test and solve complex problems that drive the solution from initial concept to production
• Ensure product acceptance and readiness at key phases of the delivery cycle
• Develop communication materials and lead communication efforts around the product, priorities and future roadmaps
• Attend and lead design sessions with customers and demo your work for colleagues and members of the business team
• Identify patent opportunities and work with our legal department to execute them, as well as contracts with partners
Who you are...
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re not intimidated by technology, you know how to leverage it and partner with technical experts to build great products. You know what to do to make things happen. Your skills are broad – business, technology, user experience – and you easily transition between those. You like to leverage modern tools, and a simple but organized process to keep the teams and stakeholders on track and in-line with the product vision. You’re also comfortable in a role where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but just a starting point. Some other things we will expect:
• Energetic, open, personable, with high emotional awareness - able to collaborative across all teams and roles
• Entrepreneurial mindset
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information technology or business information systems or related field.
• Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, mobile apps, data integrations, and/or large mobile web applications).
• Multiple successful product launches under your belt.
• Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate them to a non-technical audience.
• Fluent, open communication style – speaking, writing, collaborating.
• Demonstrated understanding of user experience, user centered design and responsive web design.
• Minimum two years relevant experience within product development.
• Experience designing and delivering large distributed, mobile, machine learning, responsive web or API software systems.
• Experience working in a team-based, start-up or agile development environment.
• Mentored product managers, engineers, and designers in how to work together to build great products.
• You care about usability and pixels more than the UX/UI team, you care about performance and reliability more than the Engineering team, and you care about the end-user more than anyone else.
Apply to Job