|Title:||Sr Java Developer|
Position: Sr Java Developer
Client: BlueCross BlueShield of FL
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Duration: 6+ Months
• Write code for complex system designs and write programs, spanning platforms.
• Review code developed by other Developers and provide input to and drive programming standards.
• Write detailed technical specifications for entire systems (made up of several subsystems); identify integration points; and review technical specs created by other developers.
• Ensure sufficient quality and compliance of documentation to architectural standards.
• May serve on Steering Committees.
• Seek review from other Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates. Incorporate other Developer’s scope information into own scope document for integration points.
• Assist in reviewing vendor products and provide SME input on compliance of products to architectural standards and impacts to IT environment.
• Perform unit testing and debugging, set test conditions based upon code specifications.
• May consult on database setup and may load database for testing, especially if there are multiple tables.
• Act as a technical mentor to other team members and technical lead on projects.
Minimum Job Experience:
• 7+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education in front-end and back-end development.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education.
• Experience with Java/J2EE, Scala or Python, and PL/SQL.
• Experience in UI web technologies, including XML, HTML/HTML5, XHTML, CSS/CSS3, Bootstrap, JQuery, ReactJS, node.js, AJAX, JSON, and Flex UI.
• Experience with Web/App Servers, including IBM WebSphere and Apache Tomcat (preferred).
• Experience with the following Frameworks: Spring, Spring Batch, Spring Boot, Hibernate, JSF.
• Understanding of Agile or Waterfall methodologies.
• Understanding of Unix Scripting.
• Understanding of Oracle, PostgreSQL, Mongo, SQL Server, and DB2.
• Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures.
• Proficiency using versioning and debugging tools.
• Proficiency programming in more than one object-oriented programming language, including Java/J2EE.
• Experience mentoring and leading other development staff.
• Experience using Agile methodology
• Relevant Development certifications
Apply to Job