Position: Security Architect
Client: BlueCross BlueShield of FL
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Duration: 12+ Months
The IT Security Architect performs due-diligence activities including security monitoring to evaluate effectiveness of the enterprise security program and establish controls.
Implements enterprise security strategies, architectures and solutions that guide IT security direction.
Develops actionable security blueprints, principles, models, designs, standards and guidelines to ensure enterprise information technology architecture is consistent, usable, secure and adds value to the business.
· Will design sub-components of larger security architecture blueprints or projects with narrow focus and complexity. The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for enterprise due-diligence activities including security monitoring and security metrics to evaluate effectiveness of the enterprise security program and established controls.
• Responsible for establishment and implementation of security standards that guide the design of technology solutions.
· Accountable for adhering to corporate architecture standards, ensuring technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization and contributing to corporate architecture strategy-setting.
· Responsible for ensuring necessary security controls are part of technical designs.
· Participates in governance processes to ensure consistent technology life cycle management.
· Builds consensus around principles of security architecture and interprets and clarifies these principles.
· Participates in IT security efforts across all business areas and client groups.
· Participates on project teams contributing input with regard to technology vision, opportunities and challenges.
· Participates in the evaluation, selection and implementation of technology solutions including providing detailed analysis of pros and cons and build vs buy options.
· Maintains operational, architectural and design documentation including procedures, task lists, and architecture blueprints.
· Evaluates strengths and flaws in security architecture including performance, confidentiality, integrity, availability, access and total cost of ownership.
· Facilitates project handoffs including preparing documentation, educating and supporting to ensure smooth transitions.
· Troubleshoots, recommends and executes action plans for issue resolution.
· Selects and designs tools that allow reuse of design components and patterns between projects.
· Continually works to enhance breadth and depth of knowledge and experience.
· Benchmarks technology strategies and architectures.
· Monitors and anticipates trends and investigates organizational objectives and needs.
· Prepares benchmarking reports and presentations.
· Promotes implementation of new technology, solutions and methods to improve business processes, efficiency, effectiveness and value delivered to customers.
· Develops actual working solutions or prototypes based on their own designs and resolves any issues that arise.
· The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
• 5+ Years Information Technology Experience
• 2+ years’ experience designing security architecture on progressively complex IT projects preferred
• Proficiency in creating gradually complex architectural designs
• Proficiency in consulting, negotiating, communicating, consensus building, presentation and facilitation
• Demonstrated ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
• Mastery of a variety of hardware platforms including mainframes, distributed platforms, desktops, and mobile devices.
• Experience and understanding of a variety of operating systems.
• Demonstrated ability to innovate and think beyond established standards and processes
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience applying current and emerging technology solutions and trends including security and regulatory industry requirements
• Demonstrated effective decision-making skills related to implementing architecture and design
• In-depth knowledge of development practices of security technologies
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
• Knowledge of Information Security procedures and controls
• Knowledge of common information management systems
• Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies
• Experience and knowledge of defense in depth, trust levels, privileges and permissions
• Health care industry related experience is preferred
• Information Security certifications preferred (CISSP, CISM)
• Experience using Agile methodology
• Extensive experience with IT Infrastructure Services components and how to enable the business while at the same time providing the appropriate level of Security controls
• Experience with Network Security principles, such as Firewalls, perimeter defenses, load balancers, proxy servers
• Experience with End-Point, Remote Access, Network Systems Management, Messaging & Collaboration, and Logging & Monitoring Security solutions
• Big Data architectures such as Hortonworks suite of products: Hadoop, Kafka, Redis, and Object Storage principles
• Amazon Web Services "AWS" and Microsoft Azure deployment, Security, Network, and Operational architectures and solutions
• Identity and Access Management “IAM” concepts and principles such as federation, delegated access (user managed access “UMA”), single sign on, OAuth, and OpenID.
• Securing Digital Engagement models such as mobile, IOT, wearables, etc.
• Security engineering for API gateways, REST Web Services, JSON Web Tokens “JWT”, SOAP
• Knowledge of CMS ARS controls and ability to design security controls to support control objectives
Education & Certification Levels
• Bachelor's degree required
Apply to Job