Position: “C” Developer
Client: BlueCross BlueShield of FL
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Duration: 12+ Months
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience is required.
• Write code for complex system designs. Write programs that span platforms. Code and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
• Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new programs.
• Review code developed by other Developers.
• Provide input to and drive programming standards.
• Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems. Identify integration points.
• Report missing elements found in system and functional requirements and explain impacts on subsystem to team members.
• Consult with other Developers, Business Systems Analysts, Project Managers and vendors.
• “Scope” time, resources, etc., required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other Developers, Business Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates.
• Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications
• Supports transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated.
• Researches vendor products / alternatives. Conducts vendor product gap analysis / comparison.
• Accountable for including IT Controls and following standard corporate practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
• Tier 1 Production support
• 8 or more years of IT development/programming/coding professional work experience
• Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
• Proficiency using versioning tools
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Flexible team player
• Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
• Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
• Strong experience in C programming language with extensive knowledge of database management
• Strong experience with Java Websphere
• Strong experience with UNIX AIX operating system
• Ability to work on different operating systems
• Sound reasoning and troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle and relational database
• Proficient in creating design specifications
• Excellent communication and organizational skills with leadership and management qualities
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
• Proficiency using debugging tools
• High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
• Ability to pick up new systems quickly and move forward with changes with minimal support
• Extensive EDI/X12 knowledge of the 837, 835, 834, and other transactions.
• In-depth experience with C programming Language and Java WebSphere
• Experience learning applications through research and review
• Experience developing complex C programs for high volume B2B Healthcare Gateways (X12, XML, and flat file formats)
• Strong knowledge of the Healthcare industry including X12 transactions
• Experience developing programs interacting with IBM MQ and UDB
• Experience using RCS source control system
• Tier 1 Production support experience
• Experience with the following:
• X Windows
• standard C compiler
• C UNIX system libraries
• in-house high-reuse C libraries
• UNIX permissions and ownership
• Experience using Agile methodology
• Experience using the Edifecs Smart Trading platform (XEngine, SpecBuilder, Transaction Management, and CollabTesting)
• Experience with TCL (Tool Command Language)
Apply to Job