Position: PHP Developer ***REMOTE***
Client: BlueCross BlueShield of Tenn
Location: Brentwood, TN
Duration: 12 Months
Green Card and US Citizens only
Will work onsite with a product owner for the first several weeks and then potentially WFH thereafter Will work with a product owner on a Sprint cycle to continually enhance PHP scripts with VBA macros injected in.
Will not covert to FTE
3+ years PHP and MySQL experience and experience with CakePHP framework Experience with Excel VBA programming (or other programming languages with a willingness to learn Excel VBA)
Experience with Excel UI macros
Excellent attention to accuracy and detail Experience with building charts and graphs in Excel
Excellence at problem solving on an individual level with little oversight
• Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to design, develop, modify, or integrate complex information systems
• Devises or modifies application systems and procedures to optimize functional requirements including capacity, operating time, response time, and form of desired results.
• Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, subroutines, and scripts.
• Competent to work at the highest phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities • Enhances the design of current systems to improve system capabilities to meet the changing needs of the business.
• Works with business users to understand requirements and translate them into technical specifications
• Develops and implements program/system test plans. Devises data verification methods and standard system procedures.
• Maintains technical skill set for software languages, databases, platforms, operating systems, utilities and networks needed to support work assignments.
• Assists in preparing and maintaining application design document.
• Responds to system failures and performance events by taking appropriate measures to reduce system downtime and eliminate recurrence of problems.
• May conduct presentations to provide end users with knowledge to maximize their use of developed systems.
• Provides technical leadership on assigned projects or discovery efforts.
• May coordinate work assignments and verify results of applications systems analysis and programming personnel. Will work with Product owners for spec to design towards and have a two week feedback loop for further guidance.
Apply to Job