|Title:||Engineer - Access Scaffold Applications|
Position: Engineer - Access Scaffold Applications
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Salary: $60,000–$75,000 / yr
Green Card and US Citizens only!
Company Overview: A leading provider of specialized services to the global industrial, commercial and infrastructure markets, BrandSafway delivers access and scaffolding systems, forming and shoring, industrial services and related solutions to more than 30,000 customers worldwide. A group of 35,000 employees with operations in more than 30 countries.
• Able to perform detailed engineering calculations, drawings, and design for access systems (scaffold, hoist elevators, mast climbers, suspended systems)
• Design Elevated access platforms and personnel/material hoists for construction, energy and industrial sectors
• Prepare drawing submittals using AutoCAD for projects following applicable design codes, OSHA regulations, local codes and company guidelines.
• Provide technical assistance to branches, including visiting branches and project sites
• Responsibilities will include structural analysis and design, preparation of detailed accurate design calculations and site inspections.
• Work with other application engineers to provide technical support for regional branch customers, including scaffold erection drawings, bill of materials and site visits.
• Follow BrandSafway design guidelines and standards
• Collaborate with BrandSafway Product Development engineers to provide custom product solutions and design feedback.
• Gain expertise in the company’s extensive product offerings to provide right/unique access solutions.
• Leverage engineering CAD and PDM management tools effectively
• Knowledge of regional fleet and look for ways to leverage them effectively in designs
• Ability to make quick decisions in a high demand environment.
• Must be safety minded and comply with all safety protocols with within the work environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Architectural/Structural Engineering or equal.
• 2-5 years of experience.
• Must be proficient in use of computers including 3D AutoCAD.
• Knowledge of engineering software such as STAAD, RISA, TEDDS, ENERCALC and others a plus.
• Candidate has successfully completed FE exam (EIT status) preferred.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary along with a customer service focus.
• Motivated to learn new and challenging tasks and work in the construction industry.
• Creative problem solving, in a collaborative team environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand, and/or walk, and/or reach above shoulders. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It may occasionally require for the person to lift up to 50lbs.WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Working environment is generally favorable.
BrandSafway is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. BrandSafway is also an E-Verify participant.
The above statements reflect the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Apply to Job