|Title:||Technical Trainer / Support Engineer|
Position: Technical Trainer / Support Engineer
Location: Suwanee, GA
Green Card and US Citizens only!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Technical Trainer / Support Engineer must have sufficient knowledge of RF Communications Systems and concepts to train operators, as well as basic knowledge of IP Network (NIPR/SIPR) concepts to include routing and switching technologies to train operators. The Technical Trainer must be capable of training first-level troubleshooting and implementing RF Communications Systems and basic baseband networks as directed. The Technical Trainer / Support is required to travel to customer locations both CONUS and OCONUS up to 60% of their time in order to prove project success.
• Provide training and field support on Satellite-Based Military and Commercial VSAT, LOS Radio, Routing & Switching Networking, and Wireless Communication Technologies.
• Provide technical writing and training development for both technical and training documentation.
• Establish documentation guidelines, procedures, templates, and developing/coordinating final production of deliverables as required by the customer.
• Responsible for providing general maintenance, inspection, and repair of VSAT systems; providing timely responses to emergency site repairs and resolution of problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with diverse audiences both internally and externally and to foster strong teamwork.
• Work will independently or as a member of a team environment
• Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills. Honorable Discharge from military with a technical background.
• Prefer experience with equipment related to satellite, baseband and wireless communications capabilities for encrypted voice and data transfer.
• Prefer experience working with military or commercial RF Communications Systems and conducting training in a formal environment.
• If prior military, prefer Honorable Discharge from military with a technical background.
• Ability to work in austere environments and working in personal protective gear.
• ACTIVE SECRET Clearance REQUIRED
• Two (2) years’ experience presenting formal technical training in a classroom environment with military training certification preferred, but civilian equivalents considered.
• Four (4) years’ experience operating/maintaining RF and SATCOM equipment with knowledge of system encryption techniques including both COMSEC and TRANSEC.
• Knowledge in these areas is a plus: Routing, Switching, VOIP, and QoS - a plus. Understanding, configuration and troubleshooting ability of DMVPN Architecture, Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP), Switching fundamentals (VLANS, VTP, Port Security, Spanning Tree), Cisco Encryption Concepts within a DMVPN Architecture, Riverbed, VMware software, ESXi, and an understanding of TCP Acceleration over Satellite concepts.
• Other training/certifications required in lieu of experience: A+, NET+, CCNA, CCNP, GVF Certifications
Client offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and flexible paid time off options, for eligible employees:
• Medical, Dental and Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account
• STD, LTD, Supplemental Life insurance and AD&D
• Comprehensive 401k plan and Employee stock purchase plan
• Tuition Assistance
• Vacation, Personal and Sick time
• 10 paid holidays
Apply to Job