|Title:||Data Warehouse Developer III|
The Data Warehouse Developer III will be a critical team member for the
delivery of key customer commitments surrounding the Company’s
Population Health, Clinical Informatics & Financial Risk
Management data sets and support the build out of enterprise information
management capabilities across the business. The Data Warehouse
Developer III will be involved with hands on technical delivery of 1)
Reference, Master, Metadata and Modeling competencies 2) Database
Warehouse Development and Integration. Primary Competencies as a part
of a team, the Data Warehouse Developer III will be primarily focused on
the following two areas: Reference, Master, Metadata Management &
- Develop a unified approach for managing Master data and
developing associated solutions
- Engage business owners to define Reference, Master, and
Metadata (e.g., dictionary, data architecture, standards)
- Ensure the development of capabilities to enable easy access to
high quality, integrated Reference, Master and Metadata
- Assist the business with operational data definitions (e.g.,
data modeling, table & index design, DB design)
- Support the business by leading analytical data designs (e.g.,
dimensional modeling, DW table & index design, DW database design)
- Design physical data constructs (e.g., converting
ERD/dimensional models to table design, indexing, physical storage
- Build Data Modeling competency to document data content from
numerous enterprise sources. Includes clearly document data mappings
across disparate systems, source and target data models. Define tools,
processes and competencies required to store, update and provision.
- Manages the flow of information between departments through the
use of relational databases.
- Maintains data integrity by working to eliminate redundancy.
Stays informed of the ways the organization uses its data.
- Must have deep, practical experience with building data models
that support all facets of IT disciplines with a focus on Data
Warehousing and Business Intelligence. This resource must be able to
communicate with various levels of personnel (both technical and
business) and have a deep understanding of the data required to support
the Company’s business. This person should be continually evaluating
emerging data modeling best practices and integrate these within
the company. Data Warehouse Development and Integration
- Define and develop a data warehousing architecture strategy,
design and incremental roadmap that overcomes current challenges and
appropriately meets current and future analytic needs.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive data repository and
storage architecture including solutions for data sourcing, data
integration & staging, data hub (data warehouses, stores, marts, lakes,
etc.), data privacy, reporting/analytics/views, data quality &
- Design, implement, and maintain data repositories as defined.
- Define and implement clear guiding principles and an
integration reference model to enable agile, secure and timely
integration of data.
- Define and implement normalization/denormalization principles
to the relational model for data repositories.
- Develop programs that integrate data sources into the
ecosystem. This person uses ETL (extract, transform, load) and ELT
(extract, load, transform) techniques to move data from various sources
systems. They should have expertise in one or more of the data
integration tools in use at the company ( SSIS, Alteryx ). They should have
hands-on experience in loading data to different structures including
Hadoop, relational and star-schema.
- Have the ability to design and build complex data integrations
across a number of technologies and database platforms. They should be
continually researching emerging trends and best practices relating to
data integration and integrate these into the organization.
- This person will set the overall standards for data integration
solutions that will be followed by all other data integration engineers.
- Design and build data services to support business
requirements, and adhere to comprehensive, standardized, flexible and
scalable data integration architectural models.
- Ensure data services align to an established overarching
integration strategy and data services model, and enable a Service
Oriented Architecture where appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Reference, Master, Metadata Management & Modeling 50%
- Data Warehouse Development and Integration 50%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Successful background as an architect and/or technical lead on
an Enterprise Data Warehouse or Enterprise Information Management team
- Full life cycle experience creating, maintaining and enhancing
physical database structures.
- Deep understanding of relational theory.
- Extensive experience working with relational or OLAP database:
Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, Netezza
- Extensive knowledge of Relational Database Design, Dimensional
Database Design, Semantic Web Design, and Cloud data storage and
- Strong Data Modeling and data analysis skills (Erwin, ER
Studio, UML, PowerDesigner, etc.). · Ability to apply modeling standards
to logical and physical ERDs
- Experience with data modeling concepts
(conceptual/logical/physical/semantic, multi-dimensional models (star,
snowflake), normalized/denormalized models)
- Knowledge of source control tools (e.g. GitHub)
- Extensive knowledge of ETL and Data integration techniques;
SSIS and Alteryx preferred
- Strong experience with Microsoft products (SSIS, SSRS, OLAP,
OLTP and SQL Server)
- Work independently and with Business Analysts and SMEs to
gather, document and explain requirements EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE Include
minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to
perform the job.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or
management information systems
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Architect
- 7+ years of DBA experience managing enterprise-level database
- 7+ years of DBA experience with SQL Server and / or Hadoop (or
acceptable similar database management systems)
- 7+ years of DBA experience with managing data warehouses, data
marts, cubes and big data
- 5+ years of experience with implementing data models to support
Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing projects.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $105,000.00 /year
Apply to Job