Position: Q/A Tester
Location: Rosslyn, VA
Rate: $45.00/hr W-2, C2C-No, US Citizen and Green Card only!
Duration: 13-Month Contract
We are looking for a software tester to conduct independent testing and associated quality assurance activities for a large scale integrated enterprise logistics system. Chosen candidate will develop/enhance test scenarios and execute test scripts based on software requirements and design specifications for new modules and customer driven change requests for existing modules.
• Work closely and collaboratively with system integrator and client during requirements gathering and design sessions to understand customer requirements and new functionality.
• Provide guidance to system integrator on testing requirements necessary to ensure a thorough testing and a quality product.
• Work with team lead to assess level of effort required to test each release.
• Review and execute manually scenarios and scripts developed by system integrator and create additional ad hoc scenarios as required to verify and validate the business requirements.
• Document test results, include suggested enhancements.
• Work with system integrator to resolve and retest issues identified during test execution.
• Coordinate testing activities with other testing resources working in a fast-paced environment.
• Evaluate testing effectiveness and consult with management to implement adjustments/solutions.
• Investigate and propose methods and standards for continuous process improvement.
• Understand the relationships, dependencies and impact of integrated business systems and their respective functions.
• Understand core systems, applications, and technical platforms.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• At least 5 years of QA testing experience required.
• At least 5 years of overall IT experience with knowledge/experience in the software development lifecycle required.
• At least 3 years of experience with Oracle or PL/SQL Developer (or other database query tools) required with strong technical skills to build advanced SQL statements.
• Experience in a variety of software development methodologies including Agile.
• Experience in data modeling and analysis.
• Experience in test planning, test case development, and test execution.
• Working knowledge of a variety of technologies and platforms.
• Experience with PeopleSoft ERP solutions, Microstrategy, and Ariba is a plus.
• Experience with automated testing tools is a plus
• Aggressive attention to detail.
• Ability to thoroughly document and convey risks and issues.
• Ability to manage work according to change demands and priorities.
• Desire to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
Additional Requirements as per Contract/Client
• Must be US citizen. Candidates will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
• At least a secret level clearance is required.
Apply to Job