Position: Oracle DBA
Client: State of South Carolina
Location: Greenville, SC
Rate: $80/hr W-2, C2C-Yes
Duration: 6 months
Senior Oracle Database Administrator that will be
software application focused.
The project will use modern technologies and modern
strategies, and the team
cultivates "thought leadership" for Medicaid
eligibility systems and general health
Candidates who enjoy working on complex, change-oriented
projects with motivated
team members will find this position attractive.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Oracle DBA is responsible for working closely
with both the project
development team (scrum/sprint teams) and with the client
Oracle Administrators to
provide Senior Oracle DBA support for the implementation
of IBM's Curam Social
Industry Platform. The Senior Oracle DBA will manage be
responsible for providing
leadership in the implementation of the Curam data model
and preparing the solution
* Day-to-day data model oversight.
* Developing a governance strategy to ensure consistent,
sustainable, and scalable
data model changes, with a focus on retaining the ability
to easily update the Curam
platform to future versions.
* Advising development and product teams on best
approaches for required data model
extensions and/or changes.
* Hands-on Oracle development and application in ways
that are consistent with the
Curam framework and Oracle best practices.
* Collaboration with Oracle administration team to
maintain test, staging,
production databases and the development of operations
procedures for database
* Developing and executing a data migration plan from the
Eligibility Determination System (MEDS) systems (custom
built mainframe application
with IDMS-R datastore).
* Coordinating with outside entities, including vendors
for other systems/services,
providers, professional associations, and other agencies.
* Other duties as assigned.
The Senior Oracle DBA role has four major attributes:
* People skills
knowledge in enterprise class multi-tier web-based application
Candidates must display excellence in all areas.
* Proven Oracle DBA experience in managing and supporting
* Demonstrated success in supporting a development team
web-based solutions using Oracle as the database.
* Understanding of IT development and implementation
* Understanding of database scalability and operations.
* Project planning experience, including effort
estimation on technical tasks and
* Strong written and oral communications skills,
including the ability to give
presentations to project management. Strong proficiency
in English is required.
* Impeccable integrity. This project will have very high
visibility and will impact
significant expenditures of public funds. Candidates must
be confident with their
abilities to make correct decisions and the courage to
speak out when necessary.
* Willingness and ability to effectively engage with
people and organizations on a
* Experience with Oracle Golden Gate and Oracle
* Experience with Oracle RAC and Oracle Active Data Guard
* Healthcare industry experience and/or experience
managing PHI/PII data
* Medicaid eligibility system/business operations
* Vendor management experience.
* IBM Curam framework experience.
* Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS)
* Medicaid operations experience.
* Public sector experience is a plus.
Bachelors degree in a technical, business, or field. Masters degree is desirable.
None required. Oracle training/certification from a
recognized source is beneficial.
Apply to Job