List All Jobs
Title: Windows Administrator
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Rate: $40/hr W-2, C2C-NO
Duration: 6+ Months (Contract to Hire)
Client: Direct Client
* Demonstrable training and experience.
* Five (5) or more years experience as a Windows Systems Engineer
* Extensive experience in the analysis and design of systems, as well as in
troubleshooting and providing technical support for these systems.
* Proven ability to direct technical projects and lead a project team if called upon.
* Experience deploying and supporting web browsers across an enterprise is required.
Experience with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Apple Safari is required.
* Experience utilizing web troubleshooting tools such as Fiddler and HttpWatch is
* Must have familiarity with networking technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS and proxy
settings with WPAD, managing workstation settings with group policy and proxy
* Familiarity with IBM Bigfix and hardening browsers per DISA STIG standards is a plus.
* Familiarity with XenApp, XenDesktop, and AppSense technologies is a plus.
* Familiarity with using Microsoft SCCM / SUS for patch management is a plus.
* Appropriate technical certifications are a plus.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* ITIL certification is a desirable.
Systems engineers are responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, and
maintenance of enterprise system hardware and software, mainframe and distributed
platforms. They provide technical support to other departments in the Information
Systems Division. They are responsible for the overall integrity, performance, and
security of all systems under their stewardship, and are charged with oversight of
systems' documentation, including the development, support, and enforcement of
corporate standards. Systems engineers are responsible for keeping abreast of new
technologies and evaluating their applicability to company environment and stated
business goals. Job
Duties & Responsibilities
* Serves as technical expert in the analysis, design, implementation, and
maintenance of all assigned systems, responsible for their overall security,
integrity, and reliability.
* Oversees the implementation of system upgrades and modifications, including
planning, testing, scheduling and coordination. Ensures that change management and
defined security procedures for all assigned systems are executed in accordance with
policies and procedures.
* Minimizes service interruptions through early identification and resolution of
problems. Analyzes monitoring and maintenance data and implements changes as
required to achieve optimum performance. Makes recommendations for resources
required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
* Develops, maintains, and oversees a schedule of system backups and test
restorations. Ensures that the business recovery plan for assigned systems
adequately addresses company's requirements and established time frames.
* Oversees all support and problem management activities, provides tier-three
support and guides less experienced staff in problem resolution. Reviews and
analyzes problem-management data, in aggregate, to identify issues and trends
directly affecting the quality of services.
* Drives the development, implementation, and maintenance of all policies,
procedures, and standards pertaining to assigned services and systems, ensuring
their conformance with industry-defined best practices. Maintains accurate and
informative operating records, and assists in the production of systems and services
management reports, providing data in prescribed-standard formats as requested.
* Oversees projects pertaining to assigned systems. May serve in the role of project
lead, assuming responsibility for oversight of most or all aspects of a project.
Undertakes research and/or evaluation projects as assigned, providing formal
documentation of findings and conclusions according to established department
Apply to Job