Position: Business Analyst
Location: Laural, MD
Take initiative in performance, working with groups to
project objectives and engage in the following
activities. As a Business Analyst,
you will work closely with the Product Owner and
development team members by:
* Refining operational objectives by studying business
information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
* Supplying new user stories or use cases by analyzing
workflow charts and diagrams; studying system
capabilities; writing specifications.
* Improve the system(s) by studying current practices and
* Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing
* Maintaining system protocols by writing and updating
* Providing references for users by writing and
maintaining user documentation;
providing input to operations help desk support, user
training needs, etc.
* Preparing technical reports by collecting, analyzing,
and summarizing information
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related
results as needed.
* Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team
to ensure project success.
As a Software Development Tester you will be responsible
for all aspects of software
testing. Working within the development team you will:
* Plan, design, and author effective test cases.
* Evaluate and test new or modified software programs and
procedures used to verify that programs function
according to user requirements and
conform to established guidelines.
* Learn and use enterprise tools for test management,
execution and reporting to
enhance the overall software testing process.
* Develop automated tests for your test cases and
integrate your automations into
test suites when determined as an effective and efficient
means of executing tests.
* Review computer operating logs to identify program
processing errors; utilize
tools to interrogate databases and data stores to
determine proper application
* Observes computer monitoring/performance metrics during
program test to detect
error codes or interruption of program; record and report
errors using enterprise
tools available to the project.
* Identifies differences between established standards
and user applications and
suggests modifications to conform to standards.
* Conduct compatibility tests with vendor-provided
implementations/integrations with third party platforms.
* Monitors program performance after implementation to
prevent reoccurrence of
program operating problems and ensure efficiency of
* Write documentation to describe program evaluation,
testing, and correction.
* Proven ability to "translate" technical
practices and terminology to business
owners and stakeholders and to "translate"
business requirements to technical teams
* Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a
fast-paced start-up environment.
* Attention to detail and strong analytical and
conceptual skills; ability to create
original concepts and theories for a variety of projects.
* Bachelor's degree in business, information systems or
related discipline, or
equivalent and extensive related project experience;
M.B.A. or MPA preferred.
* Five to seven years of experience in IT, with a minimum
of two years in business
* Experience with Agile software development is a plus.
Environments and Tools
* Visual Studio 2015
* MS SQL 2014 R2
* MS Project
Apply to Job