|Title:||Telecomm Solutions Architect|
Title: Telecomm Solutions Architect
Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: 1 year
Rate: $65/hr W-2, C2C-NO
Client: Direct Client
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Overall responsibility for End to End solution design,
• System solutions analysis, creation, while working closely
with Business Development to gather customer requirements and specifications and
translating those needs into effective solutions in order to meet customer
• Analyze complex customer requirements and propose
technical and competence developments solutions in new areas and domains,
within the framework of project team activities, required to enhance customer’s
• Specify and design a technical and/or competence
developing solution in co-operation with the customer. The solution often leads
to further development and improvement of customers’ organization and processes
• Assist Core Three Team to define business cases, use cases
for the E2E solution including build pricing model and work on meeting margin
and cost thresholds.
• Define new solution sets and offers that we can take to
• Select or propose 3rd party suppliers/products for the
Customer Solution. Is able to work with and manage customized solutions and
products, including 3rd party products.
• Provide the specified customized solutions, covering
several domains and layers in the customer network. Products that are FOA are
often included in the customer solution.
• Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines
within the customer organization or internally. Also acts as a leader/mentor in
day to day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues.
• When applicable participate as a member of the project
team as a subject matter expert (SME), so that technical aspects related to the
solution are taken into account.
• Generate additional business opportunities during the
entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes.
• Manage teams of less experienced Solution Architect or
Service Engineers in Customer Projects to ensure that they are delivered
according to expectations and plans.
• Follow up the delivered products and solutions on an
agreed regular basis with the customer to keep informed about the life cycle
evolvement of the implemented customer solution.
Skills, Experience & Education
• BS or MS in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering or
acceptable combination of equivalent post-secondary education and experience
will be considered
• 5+ years previous experience working in software design
and integration within the Telecommunications or IT space is required
• Past experience working in a direct customer-facing role
with related pre-sales responsibilities is ideal
• Experience in systems integration, testing and software
lifecycle processes in both small and large team environments
• Tools & Resources: SMIS, Verdi, OPCM, CCLM, SICOP,
Mini Risk, WBS and Project Sales Toolbox
• Solid background working with Radio Access Networks (RAN)
applications as well as well as all related protocols is preferable
• Excellent knowledge of IP networking and Internet
technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, Radius and SIP)
• Past Experience working with TV and Media solutions
• Excellent knowledge of UNIX O/S (Solaris, Linux)
• Solid working knowledge of Databases such as MySQL and
• Strong knowledge of XML, SNMP, Corba, LDAP, SOAP protocols
• Knowledge of wireless technologies (call flow) and related
Expert in following functional areas (Applicable based on
• Radio Access Networks (GSM, UMTS), CORE Networks.
Knowledge in LTE will be preferred.
• Content Delivery Network (CDN) technologies
• Content Transcoding and Encryption technologies
• Content Storage & Applications
o NAS – Network Array Storage
o Blades/ Chassis Hardware
• Virtualization e.g. VMware
• Networking & Routing
o Switching, Routing, Security devices
o Load balancers e.g. F5, Cisco etc.
• Experience in End user devices for multimedia applications
• Experience working with external customers.
• Innovative thinker / problem solver.
• Consultative mind set, win-win approach, able to develop
• Business acumen, understanding the technical complexities
that drive the business.
• Excellent communication skills are ideal in order to be
able to participate and drive customer meetings, as well as develop solutions.
• Ability to work under stressful situations, meet tight
deadlines and deliver services with high quality
• Ability to examine situations from a highly analytical
• Ability to take on a leadership role in a team
• Ability to understand specific needs in which to create or
• Ability to understand and drive In-Service Performance
issues for complex systems
• Ability to lead a program, project or management tasks as
needed to resolve issues and meet deadlines
• Ability to develop and maintain and cultivate client
Apply to Job