|Location:||Oak Brook, IL|
|Type:||Contract to Hire|
Title: Software Developer
Location: Oak Brook, IL
Rate: $115/hr W-2, C2C-No
Duration: 12 Months
Client: Direct Client
This role requires a holistic view of the system from both the customer and technical perspectives toensure a successful, deployable product. To effectively perform this role, the Software Developer will need to work with customers, developers, support analysts, quality analyst, and management. In addition, the individual in this role will:
• Administer and Maintain Information Technology Systems.
• Act as the primary point of communication between TIS and business / functional units.
• Issue Diagnosis and Bug Fixing.
• Triage issues raised by QA teams and/or field, resolving issues when possible or redirecting
them to the appropriate team, keeping the responsibility for reporting status on all open tickets.
• Coordinate and direct activities of key users in cross-organizational and cross-functional teams.
• Provide consulting / training / education services such as staff training and orientation for
• Work in partnership with RDI Brazil Development team.
• Provide level-3 production support and training.
• Forge and maintain relationships with local customer IT Organizations, and provide assistance to
them when required.
• Work with other engineering functions from design to production to implement test procedures
for systems and equipment.
• Document procedures and recommendations for all phases of product and integration tests.
• Perform configuration, setup and localization of RDI Products, as well as acquire knowledge of
3rd party systems (e.g. Back Office System, Customer Mobile Applications, etc.).
• Create Technical Documentation as needed
• Assist in the localization/integration/deployment/troubleshooting of third party applications.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related field; advanced
degrees are a plus.
• 1-2 years of working with mobile technologies.
• Support and troubleshooting of Corporate Systems.
• Experience troubleshooting in integrated application environments.
• Experience with SQL and ability to create reports and stored procedures.
• Basic networking skills and knowledge of XP and Windows Server.
Digital Software Developer
• Familiarity with defect tracking systems such as Jira.
• Experience in managing complex and high volume systems.
• Experienced in projects throughout application lifecycle and deployment.
• Experience using and developing with XML related technologies (XML, XSL).
• Knowledge of any of the following development languages; C, C+, C#, or VB.NET.
• Experience in supporting server side application written in .Net 4.0 or higher.
HIGHLY PREFERED SKILLSET:
• Experience with REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, JSON.
• Knowledge of Cassandra, Node.JS and/or RabbitMQ.
• Hands-on experience in a POS environment, preferably in an integrator or deployment role.
• Experienced in QSR and POS systems domain throughout application lifecycle and deployment.
• Web programming (ASP, Perl CGI).
1. Delivers Technical Skills with High Standards
2. Delivery Focused on the Customer
3. Executes for Results
4. Achieves through Teamwork
5. Communicates Effectively and Candidly
6. Drives Innovation
• Conveys written and spoken information clearly, concisely, and in a timely manner.
• Takes personal responsibility to deliver superior service.
• Follows up in a timely manner.
• Works and communicates well with different types of personalities.
• Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods.
• Picks up on/adapts to different or new ways of doing things.
• Identifies and surfaces opportunities to improve systems.
• Contributes as a member of a team.
• Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
• Active listening and learning skills.
• Proactive behavior.
• Aligns own activities with the work group's goals and strategies.
• Promotes and demonstrates commitment to the organization's vision, values, and direction.
• Develops plans for completing work including the sequence of activities, realistic time estimates,
and required resources.
• Breaks assignments down into manageable tasks.
• Coordinates planning efforts with other areas of the business.
• Seeks opportunities to collaborate.
• Gathers data to evaluate processes and programs.
Digital Software Developer
• Maintain “can do” attitude.
• 2 or more years of web application development experience.
• Ability to start from scratch and help to define an architecture as opposed to come in and
support a well-established application.
• Ability to work with other vendors and form a good working relationship.
• Quick learner.
Apply to Job