Position: Curam Developer
Client: State of South Carolina (Clemson Univ.)
Location: Anderson, SC
Duration: 6 months
Rate: Max pay rate is $100/HR
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Software Engineer is responsible for assessing, designing, developing,
supporting and implementing the State's Member Management replacement project and
any other projects assigned. This position will work under the direction of
Clemson's technical project manager and technical lead for support & maintenance of
all new technology development work.
* IBM Curam Social Management Platform experience.
* Experience implementing Medicaid Eligibility Systems in multiple states
* 4 years of experience as a Curam Developer.
* Web-based distributed systems Architecture and Design: Design, develop, and
implement enterprise level web-based systems, enterprise defined in terms of system
scope as well as number of users. Plan for responsive user interfaces incorporating
modern Web 2.0 technologies (such as AJAX) and mobility needs (smartphones and
tablets). Stay abreast of industry-directions and trends and continually evaluate
them for potential impact and/or use in the architecture.
* Software Engineering: Design and develop Java applications incorporating
industry-standard frameworks where appropriate (such as Spring or Struts or
Hibernate). Plan for highly available and scalable applications. Incorporate
services into system design where appropriate. Coordinate and plan the work of java
* Software Project Lifecycle Management: Effectively implement and utilize modern
Web-based software industry standards and best practices including an
agile/scrum-based methodology, use of integrated development environments, strong
emphasis on unit testing and participation in complete software lifecycle from
analysis and design through testing and deployment. Assist end-user and business
analysts in turning business needs into incremental software development projects
and sprints. Serve as a champion for quality software and software development
* Communicate with a broad mix of stakeholders involved in the information
technology system replacement projects
* Proven experience developing enterprise class Web applications in Microsoft's .NET
environment (Visual Studio including C# and SQL Server experience)
* Demonstrated experience designing and coding web applications
* Ability to assess current solution, solutions available through other State's
efforts and develop the most cost effective and efficient plan
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
* Experience working on Health Information Exchanges (HIE) and/or Electronic Health
* Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) experience
* Medicaid operations experience.
* Knowledge of healthcare and related insurance principles and processes.
* Medicaid eligibility system/business operations experience.
* Public sector and/or academic environment experience.
* Websphere/Websphere ND experience
Bachelor's degree in a technical, business, or field. Master's degree preferred.
None required. Microsoft .NET/SQL Server and/or related Microsoft Technology
Certification preferred. Java 6 certification preferred.
Apply to Job