|Title:||Senior Project Manager|
|Type:||Contract to Hire|
Position: Senior Project Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Rate: $62/hr W-2, no-C2C
Duration: 12 months
Experience in government sector required
PMP Certification, e-discovery and Litigation Support required
This position is responsible for the coordination and completion of large projects
and/or programs at the Enterprise level. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities,
and monitors and summarizes progress of project or program. Prepares reports for
upper management regarding status of projects or programs. This role supervises
assigned assistant project managers and project coordinators. This position is
responsible for the successful development and implementation of large,
cross-functional projects that support enterprise strategic objectives.
* Defines, monitors, executes, and controls assigned projects through the project
development life cycle.
* Manages scope for 2 - 3 assigned projects including the execution of successful
change management processes.
* Performs all or part of project coordination services as determined by project
staffing and project size. * Documents and completes all project management
deliverables required by the project.
* Conforms to and advocates project management standards processes and procedures in
accordance with the project life cycle methodology on assigned projects.
* Facilitates the procurement of needed Hardware, Software and Human resources for
* Manages project cost as determined by project charter and/or development methodology.
* Facilitates project communications at all levels for all project logistics.
* Coordinates, manages and facilitates the staffing of resources for the project
including contracted resources.
* Tracks, reports and resolves issues, proactively evaluates project activities,
builds contingency plans, executes corrective actions when necessary and implements
risk response plans to manage risk.
* Supports the growth, development and goals of the ISPO through various leadership
and continuous improvement initiatives.
* Work with assigned program or project manager as needed to complete project
* Supervise, motivate and mentor assistant project Managers, and/or project
coordinators as assigned. Program Management
* Performs Project Management Duties at the Program Level
* Coordinates and monitors the scheduling, pricing, and technical performance of
* Aids in the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes and coordinating
preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of
* Ensures adherence to master plans and schedules providing Program governance.
* Communicates Program Scorecard and Status to key stakeholders.
* Develops solutions to program problems, and directs work of all Projects assigned
to the program.
* Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
* Acts as advisor to project managers regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
* Performs integration management services for program issues, risks and deliverables.
* Previous healthcare experience desirable
Education: Bachelor's Degree in related field is required.
* Minimum 7 years experience in a project management role with demonstrated
skills in relationship building, negotiation, conflict resolution, and project
management of projects have medium to high degree of complexity required.
* Holds a certification in project management (PMP, PMBOK, or can pre FAC P/PM
senior of DOD DAWIA Level II as substitutes)
* Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills. This
individual must be comfortable with professionally challenging key stakeholders at
all levels of the organization. Exceptional execution of project communications
plans is a must.
* Has a successful track record of completing 3-million dollar+ projects
on time and on budget.
* Ability to work independently or in a team, set priorities and meet deadlines on
at least one to two projects.
* Can demonstrate expert knowledge of project management methodology and its
practical application towards completing work.
* Has demonstrated outstanding negotiation, presentation, and facilitation skills.
* Is creative and assertive and has the ability to mentor and coach others.
Apply to Job